Leyland Cypress Essential Oil
$5.00 – $25.00
Batch CL-004; July, 2019
Steam-Distilled from the needles and boughs of the Cupressus x leylandii tree. An accidental and ornamental hybrid of two west coast North American native cypress trees (Monterey and Nootka). Harvested from two misplaced no-spray landscape trees in Fairview, NC.
*GC (Chemical) Analysis is now available for this species!
Leyland Cypress essential oil is new to the market and therefore, there is little research about its uses. Some of our customers report that it makes a good fixative; melding aromas and extending their dispersal in aromatic blends. As far as we know, we are the only company distilling this aromatically unique essential oil.
Major Chemical Components
- Limonene – 49.4% – Sweet & Citrus – Anti-viral and a good solvent for cleaning. Due to this high concentration, undiluted use could cause contact dermatitis.
- ∆3-Carene – 14.7% – Sweet and Pungent, citrus – Anti-inflammatory, memory booster
- α-Pinene – 10% – Piney – Antiseptic, bronchodilator, bug-repelling
- α-Terpinyl acetate – 3.3% – Bergamot-like; sweet, herbaceous, floral, lime. Used in aromatic freshening and cleaning products.
- Myrcene – 3.1% – Balsamic & Peppery aroma, also found in Cannabis & Hops.
- Sabinene – 2.9% – Spicy and Woody, Black Pepper – Anti-fungal, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- Terpinolene – 2.5% – Common in many THC-dominant cannabis strains. Fresh herbacous aroma, antibacterial and antifungal.
- Terpinen-4-ol – 1.6% – Primary constituent of Tea Tree oil. Antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory.
- γ-Terpinene – 1.4% – Turpentine-like aroma. Plant metabolite, antioxidant.
- Nezukol – 0.9% – Plant metabolite, antioxidant.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
2 ml Sample Bottle ($5), 5 ml Bottle ($15), 10 ml Bottle ($25), 15 ml Bottle ($32), 30 ml Bottle ($60)